Sunday, October 19, 2014

The 5th Wave

Title: The 5th Wave
Series: The Fifth Wave #1
Author: Rick Yancey
Format: E-book (480 pages)
Rating: 4.5 stars!
Time to Read: 6 days
Team: Evan
Recommend it?: yes!

Goodread's Bio: After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.

Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


My Review: I'm not really sure i can even put this into words very well! I went into this knowing there was some mixed reviews among my fellow book buddies. I was really hyped up for it. I was expecting something good, and i got something amazing!

First, i had no idea it was going to be told from different points of view. if i had gotten the hardback, i would've glanced though it and saw that in advance. i was very happy to see it switch to different points of views. I feel that especially in books dealing with the world going to shiz, different points of view very very much heighten the story and make it so much more fulfilling to read. You get so much more out of the story when it's told from different POVs so i was very happy to see it being switched :]

Ben/Zombie POV was crazy. To think about having to go though what he had to go thou, crazy. I enjoyed his character development. I highly doubt i would've dealt with any of that as well as he did.

I'm still buzzing over the last few chapters! I need to read the next one right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for commenting :] Whenever I'm not stalking other blogs, I'll be checking your comments and commenting back :] You're the best!