Monday, December 5, 2016

Review: The Secret of the Old Clock

The Secret of the Old Clock The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: Almost 4hrs
Genre: Middle School; Mystery
Reason For Reading: It's Nancy Drew!

At A Glance

Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsession?:
No
Cliff Hanger: No
Triggers: n/a
Rating: 3.5 stars

Score Sheet
All out of ten


Cover: 7
Plot: 8
Characters: 8
World Building: 7
Flow: 7
Series Congruity: n/a
Writing: 7
Ending: 8

Total: 7

In Depth

Best Part:
The ending!
Worst Part: Nancy's Dad (for now)
Thoughts Had: Me likey

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Yes
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: I never read Nancy Drew as a young girl, and when i saw the audio books on my library app, i grabbed book 1 and dived in. I like Nancy, she's a bit too strong willed and common sense seems to escape her at times, but i see where she is coming from and can understand why she wants to solve these things. The hidden will had me interested, i felt bad for the person who didn't get money in the first will. Nancy's dad did rub me a bit wrong when he made a joke about how he would only take money from them if they got results, which is fine, but the way it was toned made it sound kinda evil. Overall, a good first book, and i can see why others think it's a great read for young girls!

Misc.

Book Boyfriend: N/A
Best Friend Material: Nancy!

Review in GIF Form:




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for commenting :] Whenever I'm not stalking other blogs, I'll be checking your comments and commenting back :] You're the best!