Monday, April 13, 2015

Review: Cinder!

At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Fantasy; Science Fiction; Retelling
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Slight insta love, but not eye roll level.
Cliff Hanger: ...i don't remember, this is why i need to review right after i finish! shame on me!!
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Score Sheet

Cover:
9/10
Plot: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
World Building: 8/10
Flow: 8/10
Series Congruity: n/a
Total: 8/10

In Depth

Best Part:
Cinder's character development.
Worst Part: The Queen's craziness!
Overall Feels Felt: On the edge of my seat wondering if i was right about a certain plot twist; Cringing over a car crash; wishing certain characters contracted the plague.

Conculsion

Contiuing the Series:
YES!
Recommending: YES!
Misc.: I listened to this as an audio book, the narrator did a very good job :D

Short Review: I wanted to get to this book for a very long time! I'm so very glad i did! I am beginning to love retellings :) I loved Cinder, and Prince Kai, the slow burn is happening, i can feel it! I can't wait to get to Scarlet! I feel like i know the big plot twist but i'm not bored with reading on to see if i'm right. Cinder had ample reasons to be down in the end, but she kept going and i really like seeing that in a character.

Review In GIF Form

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Cinder! It's definitely one of my favorites, but I only wish I would have read it sooner. Have you read the other books in the series yet?

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on hold for the Scarlet audio right now!! I'm freaking out, i need it soon!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm currently reading Scarlet. I'm nearly done with it. It's soooo good!!! I'm excited for you to get to it. I just hate that I waited so long to read it. I nearly passed on this series. I couldn't be happier that I read Cinder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well i was waiting on the printed book from the library, but i guess someone checked it out and never returned it!! >:(

      same thing happened with Fallen, it still says it was due 9/4/14!!! UGH!

      Delete
  3. I love this book! I'm glad you did as well. I'm sure you'll also love the next books. They're all so good! :D

    Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope i do! I really liked this book! i need them soon, i want to know what happens! :D

      Delete

You're awesome for commenting :] Whenever I'm not stalking other blogs, I'll be checking your comments and commenting back :] You're the best!