Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure

Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure by Diane Kelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Paper back
Pages/Length: 341pgs
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Reason For Reading: I wanted some cozy mystery in my life!

At A Glance

Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsession?:
Insta a bit
Cliff Hanger: No
Triggers: n/a
Rating: 3.5 stars

Score Sheet
All out of ten


Cover: 8
Plot: 8
Characters: 7
World Building: 7
Flow: 6
Series Congruity: n/a
Writing: 7
Ending: 8

Total: 7

In Depth

Best Part:
The shoot out!
Worst Part: Nails galore
Thoughts Had: How many times can you get your fucking nails done?! How are you paying for all this?! UGH.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Yes
Recommending: Sure

Short Review: Nice cozy mystery about tax invasion... for real thou, it wasn't horrible. I like the MC, she reminds me of me, like when she said eff it to fixing up her yard. She does get her nails done like every day it seems, which annoyed the shit out of me. Brett was an okay love interest, he wasn't around much thou, she thought about him way more than she spent with him. The ice cream man part, kinda pointless, i mean yah, it added the nice side character of the DEA girl, but it was not needed. I'm eager to see how this series plays out.

Misc.

Book Boyfriend: Brett
Best Friend Material: The DEA girl whose name i don't remember. (some friend i am)

Review in GIF Form:



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome for commenting :] Whenever I'm not stalking other blogs, I'll be checking your comments and commenting back :] You're the best!