Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. 
 
W.o.W is where you share a book that you are barely hanging on to your marbles patiently waiting on to be published :]
My Pick This Week!
 
Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold
Broken Hearts and Revenge #2
Katie Finn
May 5th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends
Goodreads Summary: (May contain spoilers for book 1) The war rages on between Gemma and Hallie in the second installment of the Broken Hearts and Revenge series.

After the humiliating events on the 4th of July, Gemma's trying to handle the fact that Hallie knew who she was all along, and she was the one who stole Teddy from her. Gemma vows revenge, but things get more complicated than she planned. Ford, Gemma’s long-time crush, has arrived in the Hamptons cuter than ever. Josh is refusing to speak to her after she lied to him, and Teddy is playing champion to his beloved Marsh Warbler (in Gemma's backyard, no less).

Gemma and Hallie find themselves locked in an escalating revenge cycle. Just when Gemma thinks she has the upper hand, the biggest bombshell of all is dropped. And it’s one that threatens to change her life forever.
 
Why I'm Waiting: I loved book 1 and the cliffhanger ending didn't help!!! Plus, who doesn't love reading about people getting revenge :]
 Book 1 Info:
Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend
Gemma had her summer all planned out, but it takes a sharp turn when she gets dumped and finds herself back in the Hamptons after a five-year absence.

Being there puts her at risk of bumping into Hallie, her former best friends (that is, before Gemma ruined her life). But people don't hold grudges forever. Do they?

Gemma intends on making amends, but a small case of mistaken identity causes the people she knew years ago—including Hallie and her dreamy brother, Josh—to believe she's someone else. As though the summer wasn't complicated enough already.
    

32 comments:

  1. didn't read the synopsis because of possible spoilers and this book looks amazing hope you like it. :)
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always warn everyone of spoilers :] i have ruined some books for me because i read what i shouldn't have!

      Delete
  2. sounds like a great book :) Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :] I hope you're enjoying your reading :]

      Delete
  3. I have the first book but haven't gotten around to actually reading it, I thought it was a standalone but I do love me a good revenge book. Interested in reading this now XD Great pick Brooke and thanks for stopping by the blog, much <33!

    -Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked book 1. The cliffhanger ending was killer thou! :]

      Delete
  4. Sounds very cute, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one! The covers are so cute!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know this was a series! I am going to have to add. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's WoWs showed me that i haven't been paying attention to series enough, lots more added today!

      Delete
  7. In theory this should be a book I'd like to read but after reading both descriptions, I think I'll pass. I hope you enjoy this second book as much as the first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, they're a bit out of my usual books i read, but sometimes i need a good fluff to get me reading more :]

      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to have to read this series! I hope you enjoy the book!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Broken, Hearts, Fences and Other Things To Mend (wow, that's a long title) has been on my TBR for quite some time and I really need to read it! Didn't know it was a series, makes me want to read it more. Idk, I like committing to stories and characters so standalones aren't really my thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, i tend to stay away from standalones as well, i have been reading more of them but i still love me a good long series :)

      The title is kinda long! But it works well when you read it!

      Delete
  10. The titles of these books are cute. I haven't read the first one yet but I think this is a series for my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanx for stopping by my WoW!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the title :] It's different but catchy!

      Delete
  11. Great pick! I remember hearing excellent things about the first book in this series. I'll have to pick it up before the sequel comes out!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first book, and the way it ended! Ugh, i need this soon!

      Delete
  12. This sounds amazing! Totally something I would read. I haven't read the first one but it's definitely on my radar now :) Hope you get to read it when it comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always glad when i say add to someone's reading list :] Thank you!

      Delete
  13. I've seen this series around a lot. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the synopsis, I definitely will be checking out the first book ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so curious about this! I liked the first book well enough, but felt like it ended just as all the good stuff was happening! I just want a happy ending for all--can't we all just be friends? :) Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the beginning of book 2 picks up right there too since it was right as everything was going down :] i'm pretty excited to see how it ends :]

      Delete
  16. The first book in this series looked so cute, but I never got around to reading it! I'll have to try to get to it before this one comes out! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should wait til this comes out, the ending to book 1 is a bit of a cliffhanger :]

      Delete

You're awesome for commenting :] Whenever I'm not stalking other blogs, I'll be checking your comments and commenting back :] You're the best!